They gave us some questions that they had asked of other schools and we did our best to answer what we could. Yesterday we got the Video Call and everyone was very excited and eagerly waiting their turn to answer their questions. Each child had 2 questions to answer. In the clip, I have only used one per child and chosen to include the last couple of minutes which were really spontaneous interaction between the classes.
They had a couple of Dutch children and so we were trying to see if we understood Dutch and they wanted to know what Afrikaans sounded like. Mrs Dooley and her Grade 2's got to recited their Een, Twee, Drie poem to the class in Switzerland.
It was a really memorable event and I am certain it won't be the last of it's kind!
Wow, this is so exciting Lisa. Is Maggie doing the Voicethreads again this year with all the Skype conversations? (Fiona)
ReplyDeleteHi Fiona,
DeleteIt is exciting, isn't it - Thanks for connecting us!
I am not sure, I have emailed her and asked that if she does share a link with them all to please let me know. It would be lovely to watch them.
:)
The beginnings of S.A. ambassadors! Wonderful opportunity for the children Lisa!
ReplyDeleteLook forward to the next one!
Yes, they really enjoyed it. I love the end when it is all over because then you can see how excited they were. :)
Delete