Here is what some of them had to say about their outing:
"On the 29th March we went to St James beach. We had to make a sand sculpture and find different objects. Everyone in my class (including the boys) were babies. Only my friend and I swam. It was nice. She and I helped a man find coins in the little pond he said that he searches for coins every day. He also said that he loves the sea so much that he would rather be eaten by a shark or have his ashes sprinkled in the sea than be buried and hit by a car! I had so much fun." ~ Sarah ~
I enjoyed going to the graveyard. (I also learned out destructive the plague was!) We had boarded a train for St James beach and collected shells and made sand sculptures. My favourite part was when we ate our chips!" ~ Michael ~
"We caught the train to Kalk Bay after we had finished at St James Beach to go and get some slap chips and go and look at the graveyard that was there. It was interesting to look at all the different gravestones and seeing when they had been born and when they died. I enjoyed the trip and had lots of fun." ~ Kieran ~
"I set off to Kalk Bay not knowing what to expect. It's misty and we were apparently going to a graveyard (yikes!) My friend and I pick a seat and stick our heads out of the window feeling the cold air on our faces. It's an unimpressively short trip - but it's fun... Although team work was a bit of a disorder!" ~ Raph~
"We had a lovely ride on the train and then we went to the pool and had to make a sculpture out of sand. We went on the train again and went to Kalkys. We went to the graveyard and saw all the gravestones. Then we went on the train back to school again." ~ Luke ~
"I enjoyed eating my fish and chips. I enjoyed going to Ska. I enjoyed the train ride. I enjoyed walking with with my friend. I enjoyed riding with my lift." ~ Jason ~
"We went on the train. It was fun. We walked on the beach. We built sculptures and walked to the graveyard with the dead people. It was fun and sad. Then we went back on the train and my friend and I swam and bought chips and cooldrinks at Kalkys." ~ Ref ~
![]() |
| A view of St James Beach |
![]() |
| Kalkys Fish Shop at the Harbour |
On Wednesday, in ICT, they went online to do a Comprehension and Multiple Choice Task all about the history of this beautiful little seaside village.
It was a great outing and lots of fun was had by all.
Thank you to the parents who helped with lifts!





No comments:
Post a Comment
We welcome your comments!